Chronic accumulation of excess body fat
- Condition can lead to or coexist with conditions like coronary artery disease , diabetes, hypertension, gout, obstructive sleep apnea, or osteoarthritis
- Generally due to physical factors such as endocrine disorders, or, less frequently, psychological factors. Endocrine disorders may be due to age-related declines in female and male hormones
- Insulin resistance
- Food allergies
- Psychological therapy (where applicable)
- Medications like Orlistat, Sibutramine, or Phenteramine have some success but lack long-term efficacy.
- Surgical intervention like stomach stapling or intestinal bypass surgery
- Test for and treat any insulin resistance with a low- carbohydrate diet
- Test for and, if necessary, treat hypothyroidism
- Test for food allergies, which sometimes lead to food addiction and overconsumption. If found, treat the allergy
- Assess hormone levels and treat as necessary
Weight gain, severe fatigue, headaches, abdominal pain, muscle and joint pain
After 2 years of trying to figure out what was wrong with me (through my family physician) and having test after test done for my abdominal pain – basically poked and prodded in every way – nothing was found. Through my visit with Dr. Shahid, I have felt much better. After being diagnosed and treated for Candida and allergies, in a month’s time through diet and treatment I feel completely different. I don’t have pains and aches in muscles and joints – and I don’t want to sleep all the time! I am staying up later, sleeping better, and doing more than before. Thank you for finding the health problems and not guessing!